Senior C++ Software Developer - Compliance Communications Systems (JVU-C++ 5)
Please note this is a full-time position in Manhattan. Strong C++ MULTITHREADING expertise under Unix/Linux platform is required.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the Data Vault team. The Data Vault team is responsible for building and supporting high availability, large scale compliance system that is critical to all real-time communications on the platform products, including MSG, IB and IB Talk. The system performs real-time compliance checking, indexing and archiving of all communications exchanged between users. Compliance officers rely heavily on the system to ensure that their users are communicating and trading in a regulatory compliant manner. Other key features of the product include consolidated archiving for all enterprise content (such as email, IM, SMS, PIN, social media), real-time policy management to automatically supervise communication against pre-defined rules, real-time search & analytics and review & export capabilities on ingested data, legal hold capabilities and electronic Discovery workflows.
The ideal candidate will join a quickly growing agile team in the development of the Data Vault product. Must be able to work independently to find a path to success by researching and recommending alternatives when faced with challenging situations. Candidates should have a passion for technology and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving. They should be able to take ownership of business requirements and devise and develop solutions that meet customer needs. Time to market is critical. Day to day tasks will involve the development and integration of new applications and enhancements, and working on projects to improve the stability of our existing software.
- 3+ years experience in software development on Unix
- Strong knowledge in C, C++
- Experience with building large-scale distributed indexing & search systems.
- Experience with Java, Solr & Lucene & NLP is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in network programming and multi-threading
- Experienced in managing changes in highly sensitive systems
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills, with a creative and flexible attitude
- Experience with windows platform & MS Exchange Server is a plus