Java Developer - Web Portal Services - Account Management
Java Developer within the Web Portal Services - Account Management team. Our team is responsible for the enterprise platform’s authentication and authorization features and managing the end-to-end lifecycle of over 300k portal client and employee accounts across the company. The custom-built platform includes a provisioning application, an authorization and authentication engine, single sign-on, portal affiliate integrations and a suite of portal control technologies. Work includes designing performance sensitive and scalable web-based applications.
• Responsible for full life cycle development of new and existing enterprise-wide Java EE based web applications and components.
• Work as a team player in a global development group participating in requirements and data analysis, design as well as development.
• Communicate and collaborate between the infrastructure, development and business groups.
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic environment that demands multi-tasking.
• Ability to generate ideas and efficiently mock up proposals and demos
• Apply industry standard design patterns for web application development
• B.S. degree in computer science or related field with emphasis on technology
• Four+ years of experience in Java programming
• One+ year SQL experience
• Working experience in financial industry, especially Wealth Management applications is a plus.
• Knowledge of the HTTP protocol, security basics, and user navigation
• Hands on experience with J2EE (JDBC, servlets, collections, threading knowledge, OO concepts) design, development and implementation, including writing unit test cases, and delivering quality code
• Strong SQL skills with Stored Procedure knowledge.
• Knowledge of relational database techniques, data warehouse concepts and architecture - Oracle
• Knowledge of XML and schema design and validation techniques.
• Experience working in UNIX environment including knowledge of shell scripts
• Overall understanding of web architectures
• Knowledge of Kerberos and other SSO authentication mechanisms is a plus
• Knowledge of identity management technologies including RSA Access Manager, RSA Adaptive Authentication and Gemalto is a plus
• Knowledge of mobile application development is a plus
• HTML5 skills a plus with Mobile development experience
• Working knowledge of directory services - LDAP and Active Directory a plus
• Candidate should be able to diagnose problems quickly and independently.
• Sharp, quick, aggressive ability to deal with business and system problems
Strong communication skills and willingness to learn new technologies & applications a must!