CMBS Credit Modeler/Quantitative Analyst
The company, a recognized leader and industry standard in the CMBS markets, is seeking an experienced quantitative analyst to join the Mortgage and Asset-Backed Research Group, as we aggressively seek to expand our suite of predictive models. CMBS credit models drive the suite of mortgage analytics, providing accurate and consistent valuations for CMBS securities throughout the company product. Responsibilities for the modeler/analyst include developing, maintaining and upgrading a suite of CMBS property underwriting and default models, analyzing relative value of CMBS securities, as well as participating in writing topical CMBS research articles. The analyst will have opportunities to work directly with our developers, pricing analysts, and business managers, as well as communicate with company clients and other firms research teams on issues related to CMBS credit and valuation. The team also encourages the publication of research results in leading practitioner journals.
Successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in business or statistics.
- Strong understanding of the Commercial Real Estate markets
- Understanding of CMBS property underwriting and default models
- Previous experience in the analyzing and developing/implementing of CMBS credit models is desirable
- Understanding of CMBS structures, especially ASERs and other nuances
- Minimum of one year experience using SAS or other statistical package.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with IRP (Investor Reporting Package) data is a plus
- Familiarity with C/C++ programming and Unix shell scripting.