The Electronic Trading IT Business Analyst role will be working closely with the business users, functional/support groups, other business analysts, and development teams to assist in the delivery of strategic solutions in high frequency trading for both Cash Equities & Options, which includes FIX connectivity, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading, DMA and internal crossing.
Within IT, the candidate will assist in the front to back analysis, design, documentation, testing, project management, and implementation of associated projects and initiatives.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS
• 3+ years working with traders, sales, operations, and technology groups to document detailed business and functional specifications including trade flows and post-trade processing
• Hand-on experience delivering large business and/or infrastructure projects in an investment banking or similar environment.
• Exposure to FIX and experience with FIX messaging
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in banking environment or supporting Cash Equities and Listed Options, with solid exposure to client connectivity, FIX, DMA, Algo and platforms will be ideal.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong team communication with proven planning and organizing skills.
• Understanding of SDLC process
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and demands
• Ability to handle high-pressure situations with tight deadlines